Wednesday, October 28, 2015

AFRICA PICTURES


  • I really liked the pictures that were in the slide show, and I like how he said that he tried to capture the animals in their natural setting. I especially liked how the pictures were in black ad white, because I think that it adds a really strong emotion and depth into the pictures. I like how they are simple as well, because you can really focus on the subject because the background is just the sky, or the ground, and the subject is really obvious to the eye, and is also very pleasing to the eye.
  • this picture is my favorite one out of all his pictures because I think it is really beautiful and I love how they are all in a line, and they just look so peaceful.
    • the rule of photography that is present in this photo is lines, because the line that is formed from the larger elephant to the small ones really guides your eye across the picture.
    • Nick Brant uses a pentax 67 and a normal lens. he uses this because it creates a shallow depth of field.
    • His reason for taking these photos is to “preserve” the wild, before it is destroyed by man.
    • His hope for taking these photos is that people will see how beautiful our world is, and that we need to preserve the wild beauty in Africa.
    • This is a quote from Nick Brandt “My images are unashamedly idyllic and romantic, a kind of enchanted Africa. They’re my elegy to a world that is steadily, tragically vanishing."

No comments:

Post a Comment